Enterprise SPICE Certification
Enterprise SPICE is an initiative to establish an Enterprise Integrated Standards-Based process assessment model for use with international standard ISO/IEC 15504 (SPICE).
Enterprise SPICE will integrate and harmonize existing standards as determined by the stakeholders to provide a single process reference model and process assessment model that addresses broad enterprise processes. It will provide an efficient and effective mechanism for assessing and improving processes deployed across an enterprise.
Enterprise SPICE is realized through the foundation of a Governance and Oversight structure together with a project team and plan to deevlop and deploy the work products
Enterprise SPICE has as a major input the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) integrated Capability Maturity Model (iCMM) plus extensions, and will consider/analyze related standards integration efforts to establish an initial baseline model.
Benefits for Stakeholders:
- Single Unified Model: the model integrates practices from the widely recognized standards and sources of best practice; no need to use many separate standards and models concurrently - they are consolidated into a single unified model
- Pick and Choose: select from the model those areas relevant to your business needs
- Authoritative: provides best guidance available drawn from widely recognized standards and sources, with detailed mapping tables tracing each practice to sources if further information desired/required
- Comprehensive: addresses a broad, and expanding, range of disciplines
- Synergized: sources integrated, harmonized, and synergized; each source contributes important perspectives
- Reduced Costs:
- Training on one model, not several
- Improvement using one model, not several, leading to simultaneous improvement vs. all sources; compliant processes address best practice from multiple standards
- Avoids duplication of effort
- Appraisals vs. one model, not several, leading to simultaneous multiple ratings/ certification if desired/required
- Enhanced Effectiveness via Integrated Guidance:
- For all levels from enterprise to team processes
- For large or small business units
- Across disciplines for multidisciplinary teams
- Aligns business and technical processes
- Across all product and service life cycle phases/activities
- Improvement initiatives can be aligned across the enterprise
Certification: certification services from (accredited) bodies through PATHFINDER assessment and certification of process capability or organizational maturity