ISTQB Certified Agile Tester Extension
Agile testing is a relatively new approach to software testing that follows the principles of agile software development as outlined in the Agile Manifesto.
A tester on an Agile project will work differently than one working on a traditional project. Testers must understand the values and principles that underpin Agile projects, and how testers are an integral part of a whole-team approach together with developers and business representatives.
There is a lot of confusion concerning agile testing – which means there’s an educational opportunity as well. The Agile Extension will give the tester the knowledge to be part of agile testing teams and achieve high performance.
Agile Tester Exam Structure
Similar to the Foundation Level Certification exam, the Agile Tester Certification exam will comprise of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 65% to be completed within 60 minutes.
Agile Tester Extension Learning Objectives
Certified agile testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Testing in Agile Projects
- Roles and skills of a tester in Agile Projects
- Agile testing techniques and methods
- Assess product quality risks within an Agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and quality risks
- Tools in Agile Projects
You can book your exam here.
You can download the ISTQB Agile Tester Extension syllabus here: